Tools for Planning and Affirming Your Spiritual Journey
As a new year unfolds, I find myself not only reflecting on the year that just ended but also looking ahead with great expectation. I find myself wondering what will emerge and how will this spiritual journey of being and becoming unfold.
Here’s a to-do list for each one of us for the new year. It focuses on cocreating a world that works for all and seeing our great expectations transform our world.
Checklist for Co-Creating a Transformative New Year
- I recognize that I am a sparkling gift from the cosmos. It is time to unwrap myself and share myself with the entire world.
- I sing love songs to my soul. It’s not about carrying a tune; it’s about playing the symphony that is me.
- I treasure my loved ones, even when they seem unlovable. It is in those toughest moments they are saying most loudly, “Somebody, please love me.”
- I look each day in the mirror knowing: I am love made visible.
- I am an angel and an ancestor with this planet. My presence makes a difference—and also leaves an echo of perfection for those who are yet to be born.
- I find adventure in every day. I have courage to do new things, big and small, and know this inspires others to unwrap themselves for the world too.
- I recognize with every sadness I am blessed to have a heart cracked wide open. One of the great mysteries in life is that by feeling our suffering we also invite in the possibility of feeling great joy. Suffering and joy are your partners in wholeness.
- I delight in knowing my light has already illuminated darkened paths. My gaze has lifted broken spirits. My gentle life has changed the destiny of all I have touched.
- I carry the peace of the world within myself.
Remember that the force moving the stars is the same force that moves the human heart. Embrace this cosmic view, and you will know that this force is alive in all things.
Open yourself to the movement of the stars and the movement of your heart. Realize you are a necessary part of the interconnectedness of all life.